I have professed my love of lemongrass several times on this blog so I won’t do it again. Instead, I will share my updated version of my spicy lemongrass salad dressing that is Whole 30 compliant. This gorgeous dressing is an absolute favourite of mine so I have to share the love with all of my moody little friends!
First things first…you are gonna need a blender or an immersion blender for this. This dressing is super creamy because of the emulsification you get with the blender. If you don’t have a blender, you can try the shake the heck out of it method by throwing everything in a mason jar but I can’t promise you will get the same results.
Alright so here is what you do…
Get all of your ingredients out, throw them in a blender and blitz!
If you are using an immersion blender, then you will need to modify your approach slightly. Throw everything (except the avocado oil) in a wide mouth mason jar and use your immersion/stick blender to blitz everything together. With the immersion blender running, slowly drizzle the oil in to the jar and keep blending.
Voila! This salad dressing is off the hook. I love making a big chopped salad filled with all of the veggies of the rainbow. Add everything from chopped nappa cabbage or romaine or spinach, Purple Cabbage, green onions, red peppers, yellow peppers, cucumbers, carrots and lots of chopped fresh herbs like mint, cilantro and basil and then top with some roasted cashew pieces and you will have one beauty of a chopped salad. Keep it veggie or serve with some grilled meat.
Spicy Lemongrass Dressing
- 4 tbsp coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger chopped
- 3 tbsp vinegar (or unseasoned rice vinegar)
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp of lemongrass paste (see my recipe for homemade lemongrass paste if you can’t find it Mood:Brilliant-Lemongrass Paste)
- 1 date, pit removed. *if your date is super hard/dry, soak in hot water for 10 min first so it will blend easier)
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 tsp chilli garlic sauce or use 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes (if you don’t have compliant chilli sauce)
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- blitz everything in a blender
- Place everything except avocado oil in a wide mouth mason jar
- using an immersion blender, blend everything together
- with immersion blender running, slowly drizzle the avocado oil in to the mason jar and watch it emulsify.
Hope you enjoy this clean, whole 30 approved salad dressing of dreams!!
What are coconut aminos?
It’s a sauce made from coconut sap that resembles something similar to a soy sauce but it’s gluten and soy free. It tastes a little sweeter that soy sauce.