There is nothing that makes me more giddy with excitement than a BIG ASS TOBLERONE Bar!! That’s right one of those 400 gram babies with all of those triangles of goodness. I get one every year for Christmas from the big guy (Santa) because he knows there would probably be a major freak out if I didn’t see that odd triangle shaped deliciousness poking out of my stocking. I am still bitter that Swiss Chalet switched over to Lindt for their Festive Special. Don’t get me wrong, I like the Lindt chocolates (who the heck doesn’t) but Toblerone is on another level!!
Now let’s be honest…I never actually wait until Christmas to enjoy a toblerone bar, there is always a sampling before hand because I make this killer Toblerone Fudge every year. It pretty much kicks Christmas Cookies in the behind and is a hit at every potluck so I continue to make it. It is so easy and a great make ahead snack to take to a Christmas Soiree.
Get your ingredients ready! Sugar, Butter, Evaporated Milk and a big ass Toblerone bar!! I chop my Toblerone bar up in to smaller pieces as they will be easier to melt and it’s a lot easier to sneak a little piece (just sayin’).
First combine your butter, sugar and evaporated milk in a pot over medium heat. Bring to a rolling boil and stir constantly. Do not walk away people.
Let that continue to boil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Next remove from heat and add your chopped pieces of toblerone to the mixture. Stir constantly until all of that chocolate is completely mixed and melted.
Now if you don’t have an awesome silicon pan (which I have nicknamed my magic pan), you will want to line a square pan with parchment paper. Let the paper hang over the sides as you will be using these as handles to pull the fudge out later. I use this silicon pan because when I make fudge or lion bars, they just pop right out of the pan and it’s super easy. Don’t go out and buy one if you don’t have one…just use what you have.
Pour the fudge in to the pan and distribute evenly. I cannot express how much fun I had completely destroying the clean up of the pan. No one was home to witness it and it was glorious!! There will be no melted toblerone left behind!!
Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before cutting in to cubes.
Here is the final product. SOOOOO good!! It’s best to serve it cold as if it heats up to much, it will start to get really soft.
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter (or 1 stick)
- 3/4 cup canned evaporated milk
- 1 400 gram bar of Toblerone broken in to pieces
- Line a square pan with parchment paper so that the ends are extending over the sides.
- Mix sugar, butter and evaporated milk in a large pot.
- Bring to a full rolling boil on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Add chocolate pieces and stir until melted.
- Pour in to prepared pan.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until firm. Use the paper handles to remove the fudge from the pan.
- Hope you moody little elves enjoy this one!! It’s pretty much my definition of a Christmas Miracle!!