I’m not a huge fan of sweet breakfast items typically , as I normally prefer to be on Team Savoury but I do enjoy some crunchy granola from time to time.
This year I decided to make some super duper festive granola because any chance I can get to add holiday flavours to my kitchen for the month of December, I’m gonna take it.
This granola is pretty simple to make and all you really have to do is prepare your dry ingredients (rolled oats, nuts, spices) and then Prepare your wet ingredients (Molasses, coconut oil, maple syrup), mix everything together and bake.
Bake in the oven, let cool and then break apart in to clusters, add some cranberries for extra festivities and BOOM, you got yourself some Christmas Granola.
- 4 Cups Rolled Oats (use Gluten Free Oats if that’s your jam)
- 1.5 cups pecans
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup slivered or sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1-2 Tbsp Gingerbread Spice (depending on how spicy you like it) or if you aren’t making the spice blend, you can just add 1 tsp ground ginger and 1 tsp cinnamon)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix oats, nuts & spices together
- Add your molasses, maple syrup, vanilla and coconut oil and mix everything together until completely combined.
- Spread evenly on to parchment paper lined cookie sheet
- Bake for 10 min
- After 10 min, stir mixture and then place back in the oven for another 8-10 min or until golden
- Let cool and then break in to clusters
- Add Cranberries and store in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks