The sun is shining, the weather is HOT and this gal…don’t really feel like cooking! I don’t want to heat up my house and I feel like something light and fresh.
Now just because it’s one of those lazy summer days…doesn’t mean I have to sacrifice the flavour department. I have the perfect solution for one heck of a flavourful salad and I get to use up some left overs. You all know how much I use my bbq in the summer right? Well the great thing about that is that I often have leftovers that I can transform in to something glorious…that’s right people, I’m here with another twofer! I have some left over flank steak from the other night that I’m about to transform in to the most epic crowd pleasing salad ever! The good news is that this salad is totally PALEO and Gluten free! Woot!
The only cooking you will need to do is grill up some peaches and that will literally take only a few minutes.
Get out your ingredients, Leftover Steak sliced fine, Persian cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, slivered red onions, pistachios and peaches.
Half your peaches and throw them on the grill skin side down. Grill for a few minutes until you see those beautiful grill marks
While your peaches are cooking, make your salad dressing. See the recipe below but it’s super simple! All you have to do is add your Avocado Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Maple Syrup and grainy mustard in to a mason jar, put the lid on and then shake the heck outta that dressing! Boom…you just got yourself a zippy little dressing for that beauty salad.
Remove the peaches from the grill and when they are cool enough to handle, cut the halves in to quarters or 1/8’s so you have enough of that grilled peach love in every bite. Now all you need to do is assemble all of the ingredients (except the peaches and pistachios) in to a bowl or serving dish. Lightly dress everything with the salad dressing and toss to combine. Next, add the peaches around the plate. * you want to add them after you toss everything in the dressing because they will be delicate so you don’t want them to fall apart and look terrible…after all they are the STAR of this dish! Just before serving, sprinkle the roasted pistachios over the dish.
Seriously, this is the perfect summer salad and OH SO DELICIOUS! No one is going to know that you made this using leftovers…I mean really, look at this masterpiece!
Grilled Peach and Steak Salad
- Left over steak sliced thin
- 2 peaches
- 2 Persian cucumbers sliced
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 of a red onion sliced fine
- 1/4 roasted pistachios
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1.5 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp grainy/whole grain mustard
- Cut Peaches in half and grill flesh side down until you see some grill marks. Once cooled, cut in to smaller pieces
- Make your dressing by throwing all of the dressing ingredients in to a mason jar and shaking until combined. Set aside
- Assemble your salad by plating everything except the pistachios and peaches.
- Lightly dress the salad, ensuring everything is combined
- Place peaches around the salad carefully so that they don’t get squished and lose their shape.
- Sprinkle with roasted pistachios and serve.
I hope you enjoy this delicious summer salad!!