I’m having one of those days that is reminiscent of my teenage years. You know those days when your entire lazy existence is hanging off the open fridge door saying ‘There’s nothing to eat’ in the most annoying whiny voice ever as you are staring at a fridge full of stuff. Yup, it’s one of those days.
Let’s get to the real issue, there is plenty to eat in this house…the issue is that I just don’t have the energy to spend hours in the kitchen today. The lion is bananas, long day at work and husband is working so it’s all on me baby. I took care of the lion because, if I didn’t he would just keep on going until I sorted him out…it’s just the way he rolls.
I’m gonna grill up some veggie burgers for husband and I when he gets home and I needed a quick side to go with it. Decided on my sweet chilli cucumber salad. It’s got crunch, it’s got heat, its got sour and it’s got sweet. Damn, I sound like i’m in an after school special and i’m the cheerleader assigned to cheer for the home-ec team. I really had no idea I could actually rhyme when i’m this tired.
Sweet Chilli Cucumber Salad
(feeds two people as a side…you want to make a bigger portion, just add more of everything)
- 1/2 an english cucumber
- couple splashes of sweet chilli sauce
- dash of rice vinegar (optional)
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and then cut the halves in half (so you will basically have cucumber quarters that kind of look like triangles). Chop them in to triangle pieces and place in a bowl
- Put a couple of splashes of sweet chilli sauce over the cucumbers (approx 1-2 tbsp)
- add a tiny splash of rice vinegar and sit your lazy butt down, you just created a miracle.